Author Topic: Article: CERT Backpacks and Equipment  (Read 180 times)

Offline prepperadmin

• Administrator
  • Administrator
Article: CERT Backpacks and Equipment
« on: March 27, 2017, 11:31:37 am »
When you go through initial CERT training, you are issued the standard helmet, a CERT vest, and a backpack containing some basic tools and supplies. After you leave CERT training, you will find that there are many more items that you should have in your kit, and the basic backpack just isn't large enough or sturdy enough to handle it all. And if you pack the basic backpack full of "stuff," it is going to get heavy, and the backpack just isn't sturdy enough (in my humble opinion) to contain all of it.

I prefer to take a more modular approach to my gear. This allows me to distribute the contents and weight over a few different containers. I just don't need every single piece of equipment on my person at all times. There are certain tools and supplies that I do need with me all the time, for example, but those things will fit into a smaller tactical backpack. I put all my first-aid and medical supplies into a pack all their own. And I use a larger pack to keep things that I might need at the end of the day, or after a long search and rescue.

This review will discuss all of these packs, their contents, and some of the benefits that I have found from departing from the standard issue CERT gear.